• Friday, August 5: Ladies Golf School (Golf Academy)
• Tuesday, August 9: Golf Academy Workshop (Golf Academy)
• Friday, August 12: Friday Evening Competitive League (Main Course League)
• Saturday, August 13: Back to School Bash (Youth Links)
• Thursday, August 18: Two Kings and a Queen (Youth Links)
• Friday, August 19: Parent/Junior 3 Hole Dine & Shine (Main Course Event)
• Saturday, August 20: Couples 3 Hole Dine & Shine (Main Course Event)
• Tuesday, August 23: Golf Academy Workshop (Golf Academy)
• Friday, August 26: Friday Evening Competitive League (Main Course League)
• Saturday, August 27: Club Championship (Main Course Event)
Also plan ahead for these other significant upcoming events (visit our calendar for all scheduled events):
• Saturday, September 3: Parent Child Fall Classic (Youth Links)
• Saturday, September 10: Oktoberfest (Cantigny ParkLe Jardin) call: 630.260.8260
• Friday, October 21: Nite Lite Golf (Youth Links)
• Sunday, November 6: Cross Country Challenge (Main Course Event)
July Couples' Event-Too Much Fun?
If you find you‘re averse to having fun at the golf course, perhaps the Couples' Nine & Dine is not for you. Our second couples event of the year, held on Saturday, July 16, drew nearly 50 participants and a whole bunch of smiles.
The Nine & Dine started with a 9-hole afternoon shotgun with couples teamed in a scramble format. Following golf, participants gathered at the Golf Academy to enjoy an open bar, obstacle putting course competition, and special skill shot.
The real highlight of the evening, however, was the dinner featuring the BBQ stylings of Head Golf Professional (and grilling enthusiast) Patrick Lynch, and Cantigny Sous Chef Frank Bellino. Patrick cooked his ever-popular 3-Hour Chicken and Frank treated everyone to marinated pork chops served with an apple compote.
Back to golf, the evening's winners included the low gross score of Terry Malik and Sarah Skurla, who shot 35, beating out Mark and Ashley Skurla in a scorecard playoff (they actually tied every hole so we flipped coin). For the net winner, Al and Kim Cianci took home the prize with a Peoria score of 29. Men's closest-to-the-pin went to Mark Skurla on Hillside #8, and Women's closest-to-the-pin went to Leslie King on Hillside #5. Bill and Nicki Hines conquered the diabolical 6-hole obstacle putting course with a score of 13.
Thanks to everyone who participated we look forward to seeing you at the
August 20 Dine & Shine!